Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) Campaign
Chief Election Commission, Chandigarh AdministrationLok Sabha Elections, 2019
SVEEP's primary goal was to build a truly participative democracy in the constituency by encouraging eligible citizens to vote and make an informed decision during the elections. The campaign was based on multiple general and targeted interventions, designed according to the socio-economic, cultural, and demographic profiles.
Targeted interventions were organised to encourage maximum participation to celebrate the Desh Ka Maha Tyohar. The campaign ensured the enrollment of voters before the elections as well as instilled in them a sense of responsibility to go out and vote on the election day.
- Special Electoral Awareness Societies were set up to organise lectures, talks, and shows.
- An acapella theme song was composed and assigned as the campaign anthem.
- Awareness desks were set up in all colleges and high schools to enthuse the youth.
- Enrolment and verification desks were also set up in schools and colleges.
- Mock Voting drives were conducted.
- A special voters guide was published to educate the public.