For the Departments of Higher and Technical Education, Government of HaryanaFebruary 2020 - February 2021
A Digigyan Cell was established at the Directorates of Higher and Technical Education, Haryana, to reach out to the students of the state. In the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the social media platforms were utilised to share covid related information, advisories, government guidelines, etc., to keep the students and other stakeholders informed. Several engagement activities were organised to help them relieve stress.
- 18.9K reach across social media platforms.
- A chatbot, Aapka Mitra, was commissioned and launched to disseminate information and assist with the online admission process to all courses.
- A Project Monitoring Unit was established for the Department of Higher Education to monitor all schemes and projects
- A dedicated cell was established for the Modernization of Libraries in the state.
- An Unnat Haryana Cell was established to reinvigorate the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan in Haryana, to enable higher educational institutions to identify development challenges and evolve appropriate solutions for accelerating sustainable growth.
Initiatives undertaken during the Lockdown
- Mental Health Counselling was provided to students in collaboration with YourDost.
- Accessible and credible Tele counselling services were provided to the students and general public in collaboration with Touchbase Live to reduce the footfall in hospitals and minimise the risk of community transmission.
- A Lockdown Studio was set up to engage students virtually in extracurricular activities.
- Online tutorials in various skills such as fabric draping, embroidery, and block printing, were provided to students in collaboration with the Pandit Lakshmi Chand State University of Performing and Visual Arts (SUPVA).
- Project Covid-Veer was established to help medical professionals and other frontline workers as well as senior citizens in need during the lockdown period and provide them with essentials such as ration and medicines. The initiative helped us reach out to 48 lakh families.
- The team assisted the Chief Secretary’s Data Management Cell during COVID-19 in the analysis of day-to-day data for better response in managing the crisis.